- д. Красив: церковь св. Димитрия (15 в. - )
- village of Krasiv, Lviv region: St Demetrius church
- школа живописи ( - )
- painting school
- Lviv National Museum
- The icon presents a classical type of the Virgin Odegetria.
- Its originality lies in the representation of half-figures of the archangels Michael and Gabriel, which enhance the solemn character of the image and impart to it the meaning of Majesty.
- It is one of the first Ukrainian icons which rendered a highly lyrical image of Virgin as Odegetria, somewhat unusual for the Directress.
- She possesses a special maidenly beauty, charming in its refinement. Her head is covered with a dark-red maphorion, Her neck is long and Her adoring eyes seem to be full of sadness.
- The entire image of the Virgin is permeated with an unending sense of desolation, as, with a delicate gesture at Her right hand, She points to the Child who is under an imminent death penalty.
- The image of Virgin admirably comprises Hellenic and Byzantine features.
- Child is shown as a sage who gives a blessing with His right hand while in the left He holds a Gospel scroll. He is concentrated and restrained, as though having a foreboding of His future sufferings.
- This icon belonging to the Lviv painting school served as a pattern for numerous works of the same type executed in Lviv Region in the mid-l6th century.
- 15 в.
- Egg tempera on lime wood.
- предмет с изображением: