Dormition of the Virgin
- This painting was originally paired with a depiction of St Clare (1194 - 1253), the companion of St Francis of Assisi (now in the National Gallery of Art, Washington).
- The panels, which both depicts the deathbeds of women, may have been used for funeral ceremonies in a convent.
- Gift of the Friends of The Cleveland Museum of Art in memory of John Long Severance
- Мастер Святого креста
- Master of Heiligenkreuz
- Кливленд: музей искусства (1936 )
- Cleveland: museum of art
- Christ's disciples surround the Virgin's deathbed.
- St Peter, wearing the papal tiara, administers last rites, while an apostle puffs air into a censor and another adjusts his reading glasses.
- Above, and angelic orchestra punched into the gold ground, welcomes the Virgin's soul, depicted as a child in God's arms.
- Tempera and oil with gold on wood.
- 533х660 -image.
- 615х740х45 - framed.
- 540х710 - unframed.
- № 1936.496.
- предмет с изображением: